Saturday 19 May 2012

Summary of Week 1

Allo! I am just from a 2 hour nap instigated by my 3 and a half hour work-out! I made sure I walked home from the gym though I had the option of taking the bus. The sun was also out when I was walking out. I then started holding debates in my head:
"You domkop! You cannot complain about walking some 500 metres after running 10 Km on the treadmill!"
"No, you are the domkop! If you faint in the sun! Do you think Lupe Fiasco will travel all the way to take you home?"
I decided to increase the volume on my iPod and walk on till I fall. Thanks Heavens I fell on the couch AT HOME! :D

So yesterday, I did +5 in all my weight sets and today I decided to +10. After the work-out, I was terribly proud of myself. At my gym, there have a Saturday challenge. It entails non-stop aerobics exercises for two hours after running on the treadmill, elliptical and Stationery bike and doing half your cardio. Guess what? I made it! Again, terribly proud of myself! My mean trainer saw a determined trainer right there! 

My work-out for the week was pretty amazing and had a pleasant scent of determination. The sweat is not as pleasant but you best believe, it is a definite proud moment. That reminds me, today as I was doing my ball crunches, I slid from my own sweat! I have never been in happy pain like that! That was my highlight of the week :D

Yesterday after my evening work-out yesterday, I was too tired to type but I found myself posting one pretty long status update on my Facebook. It was a summary of the day & tiny things I got to learn that I enjoy. 
1.) Every time I feel like quitting, either the weights or aerobics, I ask myself [audibly],
"Woman, why did you grow fat at the first place?! "


Since the answer to the question is sad, I pretend it's rhetoric and go H.A.M on those lifts or runs! No, no. 

2.) A good playlist goes a long way: Speaking about going H.A.M, I actually play the song by Jay Z and Kanye West while doing my lifts.


Not this ham I made with drops of Vodka. It was delicious BTW :D
This H.A.M :)


My brother made me a beautiful playlist that I have a lot of fun to when working out.

3.) What you eat: I currently have a problem  with this because my brother is always buying fries for dinner! After my work-out, I am supposed to make a 30 minute meal [Thanks Rachel Ray], feed, read a book and sleep. When I see fries on the kitchen counter, I all over sudden have this conversation in my head:
"So you want to start cutting up onions and have that pungent onion smell on your hands to school tomorrow when you have ready to eat food over here?"
"Your brother has just bought you food and you want to waste it? Do you know how many people are hungry right now?"
I settle for that and start munching back the calories I lost. It's a pretty viable debate, so I think. Then I saw this:


Oi! I ran to the market, purchased some avocados, celery sticks, lemon, cucumbers, beet roots and some oranges.I will be making some baked beet roots and oranges for dinner, guacamole with cucumber juice for my 3 hour snack and an avocado & chicken burger for the weekend.


Week I was fantastic. And to more fit weeks! L'chaim!

Have a lovely time,
Siri.









No comments:

Post a Comment